WordPress, as we all know it as CMS, is too much easy in the context of using it. It provides you with the flexibility in many aspects as you need. One of them is the new menu creation and assigning it to the required one, given by the theme. Here, we will describe about creating new menu in WordPress and assigning it to the available slots.
As now, you know that you can create any new menu in WordPress and assign it to the available area of the theme, so, why the wait to know how to do it? In order to remove and clear your curiosity, here we will take Twenty Sixteen theme as reference to create and assign menu in WordPress as required. The steps to be taken care of for this feature are as below:
- First of all, what you have to do is, you need to visit Appearance->Menus section through your WordPress dashboard.
- Now, after visiting that page, you will find the option of adding the new menu in WordPress there if you have not already created the menu for your site. So, provide the menu a specific name there as required.
- If, in that same page, there is already menu created, then, you can create the new menu by clicking on the Create A New Menu button in the top left corner in this section.
- Now, to add the menus to the required section, you will see the options to add the menu items in the left side in this very section.
- Here, you will just need to choose the specific items from those and after selecting the menu, you need to just click on Add to Menu button there and it will be added.
- If you want to create the order of them, ie, hierarchical order as your site requirement, then, you can just drag and drop them to the required places and it will be assigned as how you have set it up.
- Now finally at last, if all of the required items are added in your menu list, then, you can just click on the Save Menu button there after checking on the required checkbox where the menu has to be placed upon.
Here, below is the screenshot about how we can manage the menu from the WordPress back-end, ie, in Appearance->Menus section to display it in the front-end:
Now, after completing all of the above mentioned steps, here, below is the screenshot provided on how this will be displayed on the front-end:
If you have followed this tutorial properly and is successful on creating new menu and assigning it to the required area of your site, given by the theme, then, we can assume that you are now more familiar with the menu in WordPress. But, still confused about how to do this? Then, just leave the message in the comment box below and we will follow it up.