WordPress, as a CMS was first built for the blogging platform for your site. So, you might have question about, is it required to have the front page display of your site when using WordPress to be blog page? The answer towards this is no. You can have the static front page as you require for your site, to display any of the required pages in the front page and similarly, setting up the blog page is also available in WordPress.
Also, we know that you were unable to set up the front-page to be static front page, since you searched about it and landed in here. Hence, to clear your doubt on this and help you to create this, here, we will describe about how to setup static front page in WordPress. For this, you need to perform the following tasks:
- First of all, what you have to do is, you need to visit Settings->Reading section through your WordPress dashboard.
- Now, after you have visited that page, then, in this same page, you can find Front page displays section, where you need to choose the A static page (select below) radio option.
- You may have already created the home and blog page for your site right? If you have not created those, then, please create those. Note: When you create the Home page, then, you can add the content in that page, but, for the blog page, adding the content will be of no use, since that page will not display the content added in that page, but displays the blog posts added in your site.
- Now, after creating the above mentioned pages on your site, you need to choose Front page as the page created for the Home Page and Posts page for the blog page of your site.
- Finally, after you have done all of the above mentioned steps, you now just need to click on the Save Changes button now and the work now is done.
Well, if you have followed the above steps properly and is in success in creating the static front page and blog page for your site, then, we can assume that you are more familiar towards this in the coming up future while having to do the same. Now, if you have any more confusion towards it, just comment below and we will follow you up.
2 thoughts on “Setting Up Static Front Page And Blog Page In WordPress”
Thanks For This Post.
Glad to know that this post worked out for you.